Dr. Ronald C. Hill, Sr., Pastor
Love and Unity Church of God in Christ
Dr. Ronald C. Hill, Sr., Pastor and Founder
In 1972 Pastor Hill rededicated his life to God. Shortly thereafter, the Lord instructed him
to quit his job and go into ministry full time. A year later, the Lord opened a door for
Pastor Hill to become the first African American minister to serve as chaplain with the
Union Rescue Mission in Los Angeles. From 1973 to 1980, Pastor Hill also served as an
evangelist and chaplain with the Los Angeles County Probation Department.
In 1981, Pastor Ronald C. Hill founded the Love and Unity Church of God in Christ in the
city of Compton, California. The ministry began with just eight people and has now
grown to over 1,700 members. Pastor Hill is strongly committed to the mission of
spreading the good news and winning souls for Christ and teaching the body of Christ’s
biblical principles they can apply to their everyday lives.
Pastor Ronald C. Hill has been married to Evangelist, Missionary Osie L. Hill for 33 years.
God has blessed them with four children: Angela, Constance, Ronald Jr., and Joseph.
They have also been blessed with 2 grandchildren, Jahkari and Tori Hill.
Los Angeles Bible Training School
Moody Bible Institute (Chicago, IL)
Berean School of the Bible (Kansas City, MO)
The Jack W. Hayford School of Pastoral Nurture
Ministerial Involvement/ Accomplishments
- Honorary Doctor of Divinity Degree, S. CA School of Min., May 2005
- Doctor of Divinity Degree, St. Thomas Christian College, July 2005
- Administrative Assistant to Bishop Charles E. Blake, First Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction of
Southern California, COGIC
- Regional Director, Evangelism Department COGIC
- Chairman - Evangelistic Dept.- COGIC Aim Convention- 2004
- District Superintendent - S.M. Crouch District
- Chairman - Spiritual Life Ministry of First Ecclesiastical Jurisdiction
- Former Board of Directors Member - Union Rescue Mission of L. A.
- Presenter - The Vision 2000 Pastor’s Conference and Church Growth Seminar for
- Board Member - Transition House Ministry (First Jurisdiction Drug & Alcohol
Rehabilitation Home for Men).
- Chairman - Love and Responsibility Foundation Inc. (Men’s Ministry).
- (Former) Coordinator - COGIC National Fasting & Prayer Shut-In Ministry.
- Co-Chair - Honoring Unsung Fathers (HUF) Awards, hosted by the Mablean Ephraim
- Love and Unity Cable Television and Radio Broadcast Ministry.
- Guest on TBN (Trinity Broadcasting Network).
- Dedicated Community Service Recognition - California Legislature Assembly, 1995.
- Outstanding Leadership and Dedicated Service (to community) Award - Congress
of Racial Equality of California, 1996.
- Distinguished Ministers Award - S. CA School of Ministry, 1999.
- Outstanding Community Service Award - City of Compton, 2004.
The youngest of four children, Pastor Ronald C. Hill
was raised in the small town of Pittsburg, Texas. When
he was 8 years old he accepted Jesus Christ into his
life but experienced little spiritual growth. After grad-
uating from high school, he joined the United States
Navy and completed two tours of duty in Vietnam.
In 1967, he was honorably discharged and moved
to Los Angeles, California where he worked in the
Aircraft Industry. The following year, he accepted
a job with the Southern California Transit District.
1840 S. Wilmington Avenue (The Born Again Center)
Compton, CA 90220
(310) 604-5900 Phone (310) 604-5915 Fax